This was my workout for today.
Ten different exercises in 10 minutes.
After I designed this workout and re-read it, I actually said out loud, “this is going to be tough.” And it was, but in a good way. But funny how now that I’m sitting here writing it out for my blog, it seems like a distant memory. Get the workout done and move on – my body maintenance isn’t an event anymore, it’s required, just part of being here.
- roll out ITB with Travel Roller
- 10x flights of stairs by two’s going up and single steps going down
- light stretches.
Set timer for:
10 Rounds of two intervals to equal 10 minutes
- 10 seconds Rest interval
- 50 seconds Maximum Effort interval
Each exercise will be performed only once through, which is one of my favourite styles…do it right the first time because there’s no second chances. Which, in my opinion is good training for life!
1. Dynamic Squat: 34
2. Chin Ups (reverse grip – palms face body): 11
3. Sandbag Tap Down (alternating legs): 32
- I used a household step stool
- I turn it around so the little step is out of the way
- Start standing with both feet on top
- Hugging sandbag above chest – parallel to floor
- Step down w/Right leg- tap right foot to floor – return right foot to top of step
- Step down Left leg – tap left foot to floor – return left foot to top of step
- Each tap down counts as 1 rep
4. Feet Elevated Push Ups: 25 (my feet were elevated on a 24″ plyo box)
5. Straight Arm Hanging Leg Raises: 12
6. Prisoner Jump Squats: 25
7. Bicycle Abs: 60
8. Santana Push Ups: 12 (each push up counts as 1 Rep)
9. High Knees: 133
10. Burpees: 10
Cool down w/ 4 x 100 reps skipping w/rope
+ 45 minutes Ashtanga Yoga
- approx. 20 minutes Standing Series
- approx. 20 minutes Seated Series (first 12 seated postures including 3 backbends)
- approx. 5 minutes closing sequence – no inversions + Savassana
Post workout meal:
- Real unprocessed Turkey slices
- Fresh steamed curly green Kale (re-heated from last night)
- Roasted Butternut squash + sweet potato w/ginger – chili peppers – cilantro – green onion – lime juice (re-heated)
- If Chin Ups are just not happening you can simply practice hanging with straight arms from the bar – that alone will start to develop the strength needed to build up to the actual chin up.
- No chin up bar? Leave it out and make it a 8 for 8 Workout.
- Modified Push ups instead of feet elevated…maybe even just doing the wall press.
My point is, that there is always a way to modify any workout to suit your individual level. You can cut out exercises and make a it a 5 for 5 Workout…etc.
When I get some time I will add some links and hopefully more pictures to make the workout more clear.
- My 12 Minute ‘Kitchen Sink’ Workout (youasamachine.com)
- You’ve Got 8 Minutes Workout (youasamachine.com)
- Today’s Time Challenge (youasamachine.com)
- 12 Minute Full Body Workout (youasamachine.com)