Thursday, September 1, 2011
Got roughly 8 hours sleep last night.
Woke at 6:30 am but lounged till 7:30 am.
Just before getting up I did my wake up stretches:
- Hug knees to chest for a long time
- Hip flexor stretch (right knee to chest, left leg stretched out on the bed – repeat other side. Repeat both sides a few times)
- And I bicycle my legs up towards the ceiling under my duvet, it helps me to wake-up and warms me up before I step out of bed.
- Once sitting up, I did some spinal rotation
Everyday is different so I just listen to what my body needs.
As I sat up out of bed I repeated the Micro Breaks.
Did my 4 Minute Morning Week 3 – DAY 7
No time for extra stretches.
I had to feed the dogs with enough time for them to digest because the Mobile Pet Grooming was scheduled for 9am! This was our first time using them and it was so great! I was able to get so much done while the dogs were being bathed! It was especially helpful for our ageing 14+ year old Ridgeback, it was less stressful all around.
- Finished feeding the dogs and let them out.
- Stripped the sheets from the bed and put them in the laundry.
8:15 am MY Breakfast:
- Many slices of watermelon (not sure exactly how to measure this)
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 2 Slices Nectarine
While boiling my egg, I emptied the dishwasher and made the kids breakfast.
In a bowl:
- 1 soft boiled egg
9:00 am Sent first dog out for her bath.
9:30 am 10 oz. Water/ ¼ Cup cooked Brown Rice Flakes
9:45 am Second dog went out for her bath.
Between 9am – 10 am
- 2 Loads of laundry
- Arranged kids school uniforms
- Updating log throughout
10:00 am 12 Minute Workout from BodyRock Tv called: Let It Go! Workout
Warmed up by running our basement stair case 10x (up + down = 1x).
Set my GymbossInterval Timer for 24 Rounds of 10 seconds rest + 20 seconds of Maximum Effort.
The workout consists of 4 exercises repeated in sequence six times.
1. Side Jump Lunge with 8lb. medicine ball: My scores: 18-18-19-18-18-17
2. Pendulums with hands on medicine ball: My scores: 37-37-39-40-40-36
3. Sandbag Cleans: My scores: 6-6-6-7-6-6
4.Ugi Squeezes (no Fit ball, used my hands as resistance): 22-27–32-28-31-29
To cool down I did: 4x 100 skips (10 second rest between intervals)
10 Reverse Push Ups using my dip stand.
Full body stretches:
- Calves & quads
- 10 rolling like a ball Up to standing
- Right and left Hip Flexor stretch
- 3 Hip Stretches,
Interrupted at this point to bring in the second dog from her grooming, pay for the service and put on the clean dog mat covers.
Finished my stretches:
- Hamstring stretches with strap
- Rolled out TFL & ITB & Gluteals with my foam roll
- Three Backbends
- Double chest stretch through the door frame
- Lat stretch
- Side bend stretches
11:00 am Post-workout snack:
- Piece of apple/ a few pieces of watermelon/ 10 blueberries
- 12 oz. Water
11:30 am MY Lunch:
- 2 Ripe figs from the backyard
- 1 Cup Rice Noodles with pat of unsalted butter
- 1 Cup of Lacinato Kale (re-heated from last night)
- 1 Cup of Fish Medley from last nights dinner (including the last bit of left over Rainbow Trout).
Spent some time on the computer.
12:15 pm Clean up kitchen/ Feed kids lunch/ take clean laundry upstairs and sort.
12:30 pm 12 oz. Water/ piece of apple/ 3 small pieces of watermelon
12:30 pm – 2:35 pm
- Clean Master bathroom + wash floor
- Make bed with laundered sheets
- Vacuum entire second floor
2:30 – 3:00 pm Finally have my shower!
3:00 pm Snack:
- ¼ Cup salted Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- 4 Walnut halves
- 6 oz. Water
- 10 dried Organic Cherries (no preservatives)
- 1 Cup of Raw Broccoli eating over the course of the next 30 minutes
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Preparing Quinoa Salad for dinner/ Caramelizing sweet onion
- Periodically working on computer
- Sipping 10 oz. Japanese Green Tea
- Preparing meat and sweet potatoes & yams for BBQ
4:00 pm Victory Stretch
5:00 pm – 5:30 pm Snack on Baby carrots and snap peas.
6:00 pm MY Dinner:
- 2 Cups of Tri-Colour Quinoa Salad which consisted of:
Steamed Green Kale/ Cherry Tomatoes/ Red Pepper/ Fresh Mint & Parsley/ Half sweet Potato with unsalted butter/ Half yam with unsalted butter.
My homemade Salad Dressing, with extra sprinkling of Kelp granules.
1 BBQ Double Loin Lamb Chop, seasoned with Fresh Garlic & dried Rosemary with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a few pieces of BBQ chicken drumstick (which the kids didn’t eat).
2 Squares of Denman Island Chocolate (Cocoa Loco).
6:45 pm Tidied up and watched a movie with the kids.
8:30 pm Put the kids to bed.
9:00 pm Started inputting todays’ log
9:55 pm Shut down computer/ maybe enough time to do a few stretches and read a few pages of the book I will start: Fierce Medicine, by Ana Forrest.
Aim for 8- 9 hours sleep.