Sunday, September 4, 2011
Got 7 ½ hours of sleep last night.
Woke up around 7:30 am but fell back to sleep till 8am (or at least tried to).
8:30 am Started morning stretches in bed:
- Knees to chest
- Hip flexor stretch
- Hip flexor stretch with rotation
- Cobra into child’s pose
- Bicycle 50x with feet up to ceiling under duvet
- Seated forward bend with legs extended (knees bent)
- Seated Spinal Rotation with legs extended – initiating movement from the hips.
As I sat up out of bed I repeated the Micro Breaks.
8:45 am Did my 4 Minute Morning Week 3 – DAY 7
But did a variation on the Bend Down & Reach Up with Toe Raise (I’ll put up a video of it soon). I opened the closet door and held onto both handles to stabilize the door then did my squats, focusing on knee and hip alignment (the tracking of the femur).
Chatted with the kids.
Did this stretching routine:
- 10 rolling like a ball
- Right and left Hip Flexor stretch
- 3 Hip Stretches
- Rolled out ITB & Peroneus (the lateral side of the calves)
- Double Latissimus Dorsi stretch
- Single Side Latissimus Dorsi stretches (R & L)
- Side Bend stretches
- 3 Standing Sun Salutations (no plank)
Made kids breakfast.
9:45 am – 10:20 am MY Breakfast:
- Small Banana
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach, steamed, drizzled with Olive Oil & freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 3 Prunes
- 1 Cup ( ¾ Cup Cooked Brown Rice Flakes + ¼ Cup Cooked Quinoa Flakes)
- 1 TBSP. real Maple Syrup mixed into my cooked Rice / Quinoa cereal
- 12 oz. Water
11:00 am Finished cleaning Kitchen. 6 oz. Water.
11: 20 am – 12: 00 pm MY Workout – YOGA at home:
Talked with my Sister on the phone till 12:30 pm.
12: 30 pm MY LUNCH :
- Leftover Quinoa Salad (fully loaded with Kale/ Cherry Tomatoes/ Red Peppers, an extra ½ Sweet Potato with unsalted butter
- Chicken Drumstick
- Raw Carrots and Broccoli
- 6 oz. Water
1:00 – 1:30 pm Talked with my other Sister on the phone.
1:30 pm 12 oz. Water
1:30 – 2:30 pm
- Weed front garden (non-stop, I let it get out of control again).
- 6oz. Water.
2:30 pm SNACK:
- 6 oz. Water
- Raw Broccoli
- 1 Small Gala Apple
- 1 re-heated BBQ Double Loin Lamb Chop (Last one from leftovers).
- 2 Square Denman Island Chocolate (Cocoa Loco).
- Finish Cleaning Kitchen.
- Drive to grocery store
4: 00 pm
- Home from grocery store. Put groceries away.
- Snack on Mary’s Organic Sticks & Twigs
- 6 oz. Water
4:30 pm Start preparing dinner, we have a dinner guest coming over.
Snack on baby carrots.
6:00 pm MY Dinner:
- 4 oz. BBQ Salmon with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Quinoa Salad (Fully loaded)
- Extra ½ Cup Steamed Kale drizzled with Olive Oil + Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Small Sweet Potato with pat of unsalted butter
- 8 steamed green beans
- 1 Cup Romaine Salad with Cherry tomatoes/ Red peppers/ Broccoli
- Drizzled with my homemade salad dressing.
- 2 Squares Denman Island Chocolate (Cocoa Loco).
- 10 baby carrots
- 12 oz. Water
- Unload Dishwasher
- Clean up dinner dishes and Kitchen + inside Microwave.
- Re-load dishwasher
- Carry clean laundry upstairs
- Put in a load of laundry
7:55 pm 6 oz. Water
8:00 – 8: 15 pm
- Hung for a nice stretch from Chin-Up bar.
- Wash Dinning Room Table and Chairs
8:15 pm Get kids ready for bed. Goodnight routine
9:00 – 10:00 pm
- 6 oz. Water.
- Check email.
- Input Log.
10: 00 pm
- Double Latissimus Dorsi Stretch
- Side Bend Stretches.
10: 30 pm Lights out.
Aim for 8 hours sleep.
I have to admit that I am really glad that this was the last day of recording a log. It’s very time consuming and does shift the natural rhythm of things slightly. I hope someone out there found this useful. I will, however do another “Week-In-The-Life” sometime in October when the kids are in school full time to show how hectic a mom’s life can get with driving kids to and from schools and activities etc.
I wanted to show that I don’t spend my entire day ‘working out’. As you can see it takes up a very small portion of my time, but I am consistent with it. Eating well and staying hydrated is a priority. Living an active lifestyle is natural. The more physical one is the more Non-Exercise Activity one tends to engage in.
Now that I’ve finished MY LOG I will write more about NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenisis). Keep your eye out for this post, the content will knock your socks off!