This is the 12 Minute Workout I did today.
January 23, 2012.
It is NOT for beginners. And I’m NOT saying this to be coy and goad you into doing it. If you are a beginner you need to build up to this.
I warmed up with 10x flights of stairs by two’s (going up) and single steps going down. My flight of stairs has thirteen steps. So that means, it takes me six steps up and thirteen down. Up + Down = 1x. Followed by some light-active stretching.
18 Rounds of 10 seconds Rest + 30 seconds Maximum Effort. This equals 12 minutes of fantastic heart pounding muscle strengthening fitness.
Complete the sequence of six exercises three times.
I am posting the number of repetitions I did for each exercise. The order of numbers represents the rounds.
- Column one = first time through sequence (1 – 6)
- Column two = second time through sequence (1 – 6)
- Column three = third time through sequence (1 – 6).
1. Burpees: 8 – 7 – 7
2. Sandbag Swing/ Squat Thrust (alternating hand on sandbag): 17 – 16 – 16
3. Mountain Climbers: 78 – 76 – 78
4. Straight Arm Hanging Knee Raise (toes touch top of door frame): 10 – 9 – 9
5. Flying Jump Lunges: 25 – 26 – 26
6. Reverse Push Up (Dip Stand): 13 – 16 – 17
Cool Down w/ 4 x 100 skips w/ jump rope
45 minutes Ashtanga Yoga Standing series (including first 12 seated postures – no vinyasa + 3 backbends + closing sequence).
So, in all I spent about one hour on my fitness today. Sweet. No time spent driving to and fro, or parking, etc. DONE. Moving on, next item on the list… LOVE IT!
When I get a minute I’ll add some links to describe the exercises…but chances are, if you don’t know what the exercises are then you’re not ready to do this workout.
First step would be to spend some time exploring each exercise, learning how to do each before putting them all together at such a fast pace. For example trying to do two or three repetitions of an exercise in each 30 second interval. I know it doesn’t sound like much but it would be a safe way to start…and believe me you will benefit from just that.